Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dentist

Today Grandma and I went to the dentist.  It was a good appointment, no cavities for either of us.  Grandma did well and seemed to be feeling good.  Mark called yesterday to let them know about Grace since the last time I was there I was 12 weeks pregnant.  The dentist's office was one of the very first places I announced my pregnancy.  I did okay until the hygienist asked about my necklace and then told me that her new granddaughter's name is Grace.  I just said "huh" and did not say anything else, then cried a little while she finished cleaning my teeth.  I do wonder if Grace would have had my teeth.  I hope so since I never needed orthodontia and Mark did....

I hear other baby loss moms talking about how they dream about their children.  I never have dreams about Grace.  I wish that I did, it would be a way that I could have new memories about her.  Sometimes I can feel her though and that is pretty amazing.  I can feel her lying on my chest, just like in the hospital.  When that happens I feel so calm and centered, like for just that moment everything is okay because we are together again.

2 comments:

  1. No need to tell you to cherish the moments when you can feel her there with you. I used to feel Eva's sparkly presence sometimes in the early days. She was right there with me. I loved it. I dreamed about her once, and only once. I hope to again one day. I hope you get to dream of Grace one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only recently felt Henry laying on me. I had look at his picture of him laying on me and then go and be alone and just imagine but it worked and I felt him. I sobbed a lot.
    I dreamt of him once but it was not a good dream, it was sad.
    I'm thinking about you and Grace. I hope you can always feel her close to you.

    ReplyDelete