Saturday, October 6, 2012

Capture Your Grief, Day 6: What Not To Say

I don't have a picture for today.  Yes people have said the same stupid things they say to all baby loss mom's: you'll have more, this was God's plan, Everything happens for a reason, she's in a better place...  They don't cut me the way they do some baby loss moms.  It's not that I am a bigger person, or anything like that, I just realize that I would not have known what to say and probably would have said something stupid too, before I became one of the people who know what not to say.  No the worst thing for me by far is the people who say nothing.  The friendships that I have given up on, the people that I have given up on are the ones who said nothing.  Like as if acting like Grace did not exist, or that my heart had not been broken into a million pieces makes it hurt less.  So no matter how misguided the things that people say can be, they were at least brave enough to say something, and that means at least they care enough to try.

1 comment: