Thursday, October 11, 2012

Capture Your Grief, Day 11: Supportive People

My number one supporter through everything is my husband Mark.

M on our honeymoon

Next my family.  My Mother, Father and Brother were all able to come to the hospital and be with me in labor and all got to hold my baby girl.  It meant the world to me.  They have shared Grace with me in a way that is so special.

My Dad, my rock

Heartbroken Grandparents

My Mom and Grace

My brother Alex (he was sick and had to wear the mask)


Then there was our angel, my friend Kim.  She was planning to come after Grace was born and take care of us, like a post-partum doula.  Instead she flew from Wyoming with 1 hour notice and was at my side in the hospital.  She held my beautiful baby, and grieved with us and fed us and cleaned up after us for days after we got home.  I am eternally grateful.

Kim holding our girl

 One of the rays of light from Grace dying was finding out how loved we truly are... I just wish we could have discovered that another way.

1 comment:

  1. Grace is so beautiful! What wonderful pictures you have of her with the people that love you all.

    ReplyDelete