Friday, October 5, 2012

Capture Your Grief, Day 5: Memorial

We did not plant a tree for Grace or anything like that.  I was too terrified the tree would die and then in some way I would be losing her again.  I have some memorial jewelry which I love, but my favorite thing we have done so far was in honor of her 6 month birthday.  I purchased 2 stuffed bears and 10 books for the labor and delivery unit of my hospital.  The books were all about grief and baby loss and the bears were for bereaved parents to hold, the way I hold my Grace bear every night.  The bears had bows around their necks with one of  the kindness cards I made for Grace.  The books had labels in them saying this donation was made in loving memory of our beautiful daughter, her full name and the date she was born.  I hope that these books and bears can help provide a little comfort to other parents facing that awful news that their baby is gone...  I hope Grace's sweet spirit can bring some healing to those families.


Grace's Kindness Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment