Sunday, July 29, 2012

Travel Log: July 9, 2012

A quiet condo/beach day.  Breakfast was leftover pancakes and fresh made eggs.

Boogie boarding at La'aloa for M and reading for me.  I started reading The Gift of Asher Lev since I am reluctant to take my borrowed Nook to the beach.  After a few hours at the beach spent some time at the condo: reading, napping and watching TV.  Made sandwiches for lunch with a free avocado from Greenwell's farm, delicious.

Shaved ice for a snack mid-afternoon.  Then a short, but fun snorkel trip.  Mark was really worn out from Boogie boarding still and needed more resting before dinner.  We ate at Thirteen Palms again.  This time we had the very yummy house salad with grilled ono.  Then desert on the lanai (ice cream sundaes) while watching the sun set.  Once Mother Nature's show was over we watched Our Idiot Brother (a movie).  It was cute and sweet.

Tomorrow is our last day on the island, then back to normal.  I miss the pets and Grandma and Grace Bear and Glow in the Woods.


Waiting for a wave

Neat car parked outside Thirteen Palms



1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    Just wanted to let you know I'm still here, still reading, albeit not as frequently as I used to. Internet time is rare these days. Blessedly so, but I'm sure it feels like "I've got mine so off I've gone", but that's not the case, I promise.
    Still following, still hoping for you, still here.

    ReplyDelete