Monday, August 5, 2013

Breastfeeding Week

As you know I have had my issues with breastfeeding, but now Rosabella and I are cruising.  We nurse in public, we nurse in bed, we can latch at a moments notice :)  There is little discomfort ever and I am so glad that I stuck with it, but I also have so much respect in my heart for the moms that could not and used formula.  Even with support it is hard and for all those who nursed just a few weeks hold your heads up.

I have also been thinking back to what it was like when my milk came in for Grace.  The aching breasts, the torture of taking a shower, wearing two sports bras night and day to encourage my supply to dry up.  The emotional pain of wanting so badly to have my baby back, the uselessness of my lactating breasts.  So that is present in my mind this week as well.  All the mamas who wanted to breastfeed, but were not able to since their babies were gone you are also in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment